- High Cranking
- 99.9% Pure Lead
- Start Stop technology
- Made in the USA
AGM TPPL Technology
The NorthStar transport batteries all belong to the group of AGM TPPL batteries. This is the abbreviation for the “Absorbed Glass Matt Thin Plate Pure Lead” technology.
Absorbed Glass Matt (AGM) batteries are lead batteries that distinguish themselves from open lead acid batteries because the acid is absorbed in ultra-thin glass fiber mats. These glass fiber mats immobilize the electrolyte and thus provide a higher energy density.
Thin Plate Pure Lead (TPPL) batteries are a further development on the now widely known AGM batteries. In the production of these Northstar batteries, very thin lead plates with a purity of 99.99% are firmly pressed together. This has the direct consequence that the internal resistance of these batteries is very low. You can count on high starting currents, a better/faster loading acceptance and sufficient spare capacity to supply the technological gadgets in today’s cars.
- Superior starting capacity
- Cyclical use
- Faster charging
- Durability, performance and temperature resistance are guaranteed by a robust plastic housing
- Completely maintenance-free
- Battery can be mounted sideways
- Classified as non-hazardous for road, maritime and air transport
- Produced to exact BCI standards
- Expected life span of +12 years
- Wide operational temperature range
Total Cost of Ownership
NorthStar batteries are designed to be the best, the most reliable and last the longest. Due to the high quality finish both inside and outside, the final TCO (Total Cost of Owernship) of this battery will be lower than that of its competitors.
‘Thinking Green Every Step of the Way’
NorthStar is committed to sustainability so as to minimize the impact on the environment. Every phase in the life cycle of a Northstar battery is examined to minimize the impact on the environment: from design to recycling.
AGM PRO Series
AGM ELITE Series
AGM SMS Series
- 12V Pure lead AGM batteries for start and cyclic use
- Up to 900 cycles @ 50% DoD
- Up to 4 years of factory warranty
- Built according to BCI standards
- Extreme vibration resistance
- Automotive/DIN types
- Heavy Duty application
- Marine/RV application
- Also ideal for cars that are equipped with multiple power consumers such as ambulances, police cars etc.