An inverter can convert the input voltage to a different output voltage. The inverters that Battery Supplies offers are DC – AC or DC – DC.
People who spend a lot of time in their cars and need a laptop on the road can make perfect use of an inverter to convert the voltage from 12V battery to 230V so that the laptop can be charged with it. These are inverters with a relatively small capacity.
If we look at more extensive applications: in the marine world, inverters are used to convert the 12 / 24V voltage of the batteries to 230v for all internal applications: cooking, coffee, TV, laptop, …
Many inverters are also used in renewable energy to convert the absorbed energy from the solar panels or wind turbines into energy that is usable indoors.
DC – DC
- A light diode indicates if it’s running
- Short circuit proof
- Total isolation between in- and output
- Connection for the in- and output
- Easy to install
This inverters convert the low DC voltage of a truck, mobile home, boat, caravan,… into a stable 230 VAC voltage. The inverters are available in 12V and 24V.
When you determine the right choice for the inverter, you must take in consideration that many devices such as a TV have a high starting current, which can amount to 6 to 9 times the capacity of the connected device. For a TV of 35 Watt, a inverter of 300 Watt is ok, when you also want to connect other devices like video, DVD etc., a 500 or 1000 Watt i better. To charge a laptop, 300 Watt is sufficient.
If you want to use several devices at the same time like e.g. in a camper, boat, truck, we advise you to take 1500 or 3000 Watt.
These inverters are not recommended to use devices with built-in motor (in reference to induction) like e.g. drills, big refrigerators, vacuum cleaners etc. In these cases, it’s better to opt for a pure sine wave inverter.
- Alarm at high / low battery voltage + automatic turn off
- Protected against reversed polarity
- Protected against short circuit
- Protected against overloading
- Temperature protection (fan) + automatic turn off
- Cables for bigger models included
- Power ON-OFF switch
- Input voltage range: -15% ~ +25%
- Output voltage regulation: ± 10%
- Thermo control cooling fan
- Two-color indicators display power and fault status
- Protections: short circuit, overload, over temperature, low battery voltage, over battery voltage, lack-voltage alarm
- Topology: Microprocessor
- Approvals: CE mark / EMC / LVD / RoHS
- 1 year warranty